Thursday, June 21, 2007

Solstice

There are six things I'm not doing because I'm doing this. Multitasking is a ridiculous invention - an impossibility, even. You have to choose. Tonight I choose the balcony. Maybe because it's summer now, the latest-coming night, prime balcony time. I enjoy these things.

But I'm not making progress. Oh, hell no. And that's too bad. I know of people who are making progress, as I am not. They're very impressive. They have medals and microphones and homes made entirely of recycled materials. They have astonishingly shiny hair. But I never see them on any balcony. I bet they don't even know that today is their longest-staying day, the best chance they'll have all year to see the light and step into it, too. Me, I never miss these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home