Friday, November 03, 2006

From Up Here

This place is a one-room palace - it's a heaven, it's a haven, and it's mine. All mine. It has a view of a gritty downtown (my favorite) and a comforter fluffier and whiter than my own. The complimentary conditioner? Makes my hair look good. The art on the walls? Photography, black and white. There's a menu for 'Dining'. It describes a twenty-dollar salad. I could order this salad; I'd never see the check.

So basically, I'm cool with staying here for a week. I'm cool with staying here for a year. I thought it as soon as the green light flashed and I swung the door open: business trip = ok. I'll muddle through the long days and I'll put up with the barside networking. Because for a few hours daily, whenever I can catch them, I've got the sleek-comfy, street-corner studio I've always wanted. Someone's home city crowds up beneath me, the grime so much farther than my window, the lights so much closer than the stars.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shadow Man said...

GLAD YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME. IT IS SAID THAT TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU WILL BE BACK IN THE STATES WITH LOTS OF MEMORIES.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHADOW MAN AKA FANTASTICDOUG

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Trace, which city is this exactly?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

It's Pittsburgh, I'm not out of the country. Maybe next time!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm waiting for you to visit… Maybe for my wedding? ^_^

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home