Sunday, October 15, 2006

Concentration

Today’s to-do list had one thing on it: Write. Here are the things I’ve actually done since I sat down at the computer at 9am:

1. Brushed my teeth six times.
2. Re-read my favorite essay by David Sedaris.
3. Tweezed my eyebrows.
4. Tied a scarf around my head and tried to make it look cool. (Nope.)
5. Gone out for coffee.
6. Danced around the living room singing “Handyman” by James Taylor.
7. Considered a trip to Whole Foods for some lobster bisque.
8. Had instead a string cheese, a can of soup, and two Diet Cokes.
9. Read the latest entries by my four favorite bloggers.
10. Written this post.

Of course, I’ve also managed to produce a rough draft of an essay about my father, my car, and modern psychology. Call it my process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home