Sunday, October 08, 2006

Eh, It Happens

I had one of my weekends. The kind where I disregard all plans and goals, including the one laid out on this very page one week ago, and do basically nothing. I left the house just once each day – Saturday to buy some caramel apples and Sunday to go to the gym. I didn’t have any adventures or meet any people or learn anything new. I watched Forrest Gump twice and now I’m sitting here, muttering to myself in a southern accent.

And I’m not even sorry.

Okay, so I can’t turn on a dime. There’s always a bit of a backslide in the process of progress, I’m used to it. But lest you think I employ this justification lightly, here are the reasons why I deserve a couple days of nothing:

1. I’ve just completed my 12th week at the new job and I actually – gasp – like it.
2. This is approximately the 2,173rd word I’ve written this week, which certainly doesn’t break any records, but is about 2,172 words more than I’d put down in a while. So, yeah. It’s something.
3. I registered for a class this week. How’s that for proactive? (It starts on Thursday, so I’ll tell you then.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home